Client: Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (National Parks & Wildlife Service)
To prepare a Visitor Experience Development Plan for Slieve Bloom Mountain Nature Reserve
To undertake research, fieldwork and consultation to:
- Assess current Nature Reserve visitor experience resources and visitor experiences.
- Set out the priorities for enhancing the visitor experience at the Slieve Bloom Mountains Nature Reserve.
- Identify new and enhanced visitor experiences. These experiences are to be primarily outdoor recreation, are to be in line with the conservation objectives of the Reserve. They should enrich visitors’ experience of Slieve Bloom Mountains Nature Reserve and add to the attractiveness of the Reserve as a place to visit.
- Identify projects that will act as catalysts to attract visitors to the Nature Reserve which would be of benefit to the region.
- Prepare a visitor management plan which identifies the actions, indicative costings and timelines for implementation, which will balance the core conservation and heritage values of the Nature Reserve with tourism demand. The plan should also contain concept drawings/graphical representations where relevant.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes:
- Consarc Design Group
- Cogent Management Consulting
- Janice Fuller Ecology