AXA Parks Fund29th April 2022
AXA PARKS Funding available for charities, community groups and schools to create or enhance local green spaces.
Never has there been more important time for our green spaces to flourish.
Parks, large and small, in local communities throughout Northern Ireland, are vital sources of respite, places to exercise, somewhere to meet family and friends, help protect our environment and nurture places for our local habitat to flourish.
AXA is working to make a difference in local communities through AXA PARKS – a new environmental grants programme, supporting local community projects that demonstrate a real commitment to improved outcomes for our environment and our communities’ wellbeing. The €1m project will see AXA support projects across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
AXA PARKS will serve not only communities but will also look to help protect our native biodiversity – helping ensure that people, plants, and animals can thrive across the whole island.
In this grant round, over €250,000 is available for charitable organisations in Northern Ireland, and grants will be awarded proportionally across the whole of Ireland, based on population spread. We anticipate that this round will be highly competitive and up to 100 grants will be awarded across the whole of Ireland.
Closing Date: May 20, 2022 13:00
- Grants between £3,000 and £20,000
Priority will be given to:
- Organisations that have a strong community engagement track record.
- Projects that provide opportunities for community members to participate in the creation and/or enhancement of green spaces.
- Green spaces that aim to improve mental or physical health.
- Green spaces that allow for an educational element, such as allowing for workshops on biodiversity, planting, or citizen scientist projects etc.
- Projects that will be sustained beyond the life of this grant.
- Projects that adhere to environmentally friendly principles and use of sustainable materials.
More Information: AXA PARKS Fund – Community Foundation Northern Ireland (communityfoundationni.org)