ORNI Webinar: Access Legislation in Northern Ireland28th January 2021
This webinar provided an overview of current Access Legislation in Northern Ireland and showcased a number practical examples in which the various mechanisms have been utilised to provide access for recreation.
In addition, the National Outdoor Recreation Forum (NORF) has outlined thoughts as to how access legislation could potentially be revised in order to provide further opportunity for recreation.
- Overview of current access legislation Caro-Lynne Ferris, Executive Director, Outdoor Recreation NI
- How to go about asserting a Public Rights of Way (PROW) Mark Strong, Coast and Countryside Officer, Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
- Cuilcagh to Cleenish (C2C): An example of using Permissive Path Agreements (PPA) Chris Scott, Head of Operations, Outdoor Recreation NI
- Potential components of a future Outdoor Recreation Bill Graham Seymour, Chair, National Outdoor Recreation Forum (NORF)
After the main webinar attendees were provided the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and reflections on:
- PROW and PPA Mechanisms
- Review of access legislation to further opportunity for recreation
Download Permissive Path Agreement Example
Case Law summaries available via the Visitor Safety Group
The case law summaries available on the VSG website is a hugely valuable resource, particularly in the areas of Occupiers Liability and the responsibilities of visitors. Please note that a significant portion of content on the VSG website is only available to members. You can find out more about VSG here and how your organisation can Become a VSG Member.
This webinar was produced on 27th January 2021.