ORN Member Webinar – COVID-19 approaches to re-opening the outdoors28th May 2020
In our role as Secretariat, ORNI facilitated an Outdoor Recreation Network (ORN) Member Webinar entitled ‘COVID-19 approaches to re-opening the outdoors’.
The webinar demonstrated the strength of the UK and Ireland wide network which strives to share information, foster joined-up thinking and help organisations to work together in a coordinated fashion. Many of the ORN members are taking a leading role in coordinating the phased reopening of the outdoors and developing practical advice on how to do it safely.
This live webinar was available to ORN member organisations and attended by 77 delegates. ORN has kindly made the outworkings available to the wider industry.
National perspectives in approach from across UK and Ireland
- New Defra guidelines for England – Adele Rowe, Natural England
- Update from Ireland – Daithi DeForge, Coillte
- Update from Scotland – Kevin Lafferty, Scottish Forestry
- Update from Wales – David Liddy, Natural Resources Wales
- Update from Northern Ireland – Mike McClure, Sport NI
Download Slides from National Perspectives
Practical case studies on approaches to re-opening sites
- Public toilets – Nick Hall, Woodland Trust
- Carparking – Bridgette Hall, Forestry England
- Managing Dogs – Stephen Jenkinson, The Kennel Club
- Maps and online information available – Lee Newton, Ordnance Survey
- Effective social media messaging – Jonathan Woods, Hampshire County Council
- National Trust Reopening Model – Rob Rhodes, National Trust
Download Slides from practical case studies
Please note this webinar was presented live on 21st May and therefore should be taken in content of COVID-19 lockdown restrictions at that time.
The ORN Welcome Pack – provides further details on the work of ORN and membership options.