ORNI Webinar: Measuring the Value & Impact of Greenspace10th August 2021
ORNI was delighted to host its next webinar of the 2021/22 season on August 10th, exploring Measuring the Value and Impact of Greenspace.
The importance of trails and greenspace, particularly for people’s health and wellbeing, has never been so apparent. To ensure that trails and greenspace remain high on the agenda and receive the investment warranted, it is important that as a sector we can quantify the impact and the value they bring and articulate this in an impactful manner in a way that is understood and resonates with policymakers.
This webinar demonstrated the work Outdoor Recreation NI in collaboration with 56 Degree Insight have conducted in this area, including:
- An overview of the pilot work completed on developing a robust impact survey and subsequent case study findings
- A thorough walk-through of the Social Return on Investment (SROI) framework adopted that provides monetary values to benefits gained by users
- An overview of a Toolkit that could be used by organisations in the sector to build up a collective body of evidence on the value and impact of trails and greenspace.
This webinar will be of interest to many, but it will be particularly relevant for staff working in Councils and eNGOs who would like to be able to measure and communicate the importance of outdoor recreation sites more effectively.
- Duncan Stewart, Managing Partner, 56 Degree Insight
- Elizabeth Rogers, Project Officer, Outdoor Recreation NI
Watch the full webinar here: