Client: Mid & East Antrim Borough Council
To review the potential outdoor recreation opportunities within the forest and make recommendations for future improvements
To deliver the project we:
- Undertook a scoping study and initial assessment of outdoor recreation opportunities
- Developed detailed GIS mapping of
- Natural and historic attractions/ points of interests including designated (both natural and built) and non-designated sites
- Existing services, facilities and outdoor activities identified throughout the course of the study
- Detailed the current management of all identified services and activities
- Completed a SWOT analysis at macro level of the Forest
- Consulted with representatives of the local community, relevant public bodies and users of the forest to identify how outdoor recreation opportunities could be improved in the future predominantly for the local population.
- Identifed key issues and barriers relating to the development of outdoor recreation within the Forest.
- Provided recommendations relating to the development of outdoor recreation within the Forest.