To have a meaningful impact on health and wellbeing by developing a targeted intervention in association with parkrun UK & Ireland which engages people in the physical activity of walking & volunteering opportunities.
- Develop the ‘Walk @ parkrun’ initiative
- Foster a strong relationship with parkrun UK & Ireland.
- Secure support from local councils & health trusts.
- Challenge the stigma that the pre-existing event is only suitable for runners.
- Deliver a multi-channel marketing campaign.
- Encourage increased participation from the following groups; areas of higher social need, women, young people aged between 14 & 25 and those with disabilities.
- Identify parks most suited to facilitate an increased number of walkers.
- Work with pre-existing teams of organisers and volunteers to encourage adoption of the initiative.
parkrun UK & Ireland
SportNI & National Lottery through Active Clubs