To provide secretariat services to the Visitor Safety Group. This UK and Ireland wide network includes organisations that own and manage land and property, with day-to-day experience of visitor management, as well as national policymakers and specialist safety advisers.
VSG works together to:
- identify and share good practice
- promote the application of consistent management principles
- develop a model approach to risk assessment that incorporates valuing benefits
- encourage consistency in the choice and application of risk control measures
- seek a balanced and pragmatic approach to dealing with the many and varied factors that affect visitor safety management
- produce sound interpretation of legislative requirements and court decisions
The fundamental aim is to identify and promote ways to manage visitor safety that sustain the environment and enhance the value to society of our landscapes and special places.
- organise workshops and webinars
- organise and minute the meetings of the VSG Board
- undertake management and reporting of VSG finances
- promote VSG and build its member base
- undertake membership liaison and communication