Client: Northern Ireland Environment Agency (Strategic Partner)
To undertake a strategic review of the visitor information provision and current walk trail system within Castle Archdale Country Park and Scrabo Country Park.
- Undertake an assessment of the current position of visitor flow and visitor information through site inspection and consultation with Park Management and staff
- Prepare spatial plan identifying optimal visitor flow and information (signage) required to facilitate this. This is based on a Spatial Plan Map with commentary and database of required actions and signage.
- Ensure the plan provides a rationale for all actions required to ensure a positive visitor flow and experience for visitors engaging in the visitor hub and further encourage them to explore the wider Park
- Undertake an Audit of the existing walk trail system within the context of:
- other activities and management practices taking place within the park.
- classification of all walking trails and sections within each walking trail, as defined in the Trail Standards and Principles publication (ORNI, 2014).
- taking into account good practice in visitor safety using the Visitor Safety in the Countryside Standards (VSCS).
- Develop a Concept Plan for a revised/ new walk trail system based on:
- findings of the above audit.
- desire to ensure the visitors to the Park enjoy and experience the full extent of the park.
- desire to ensure that visitors to the Park experience its positive control points (PCPs).
- desire to ensure that as many of the Park’s walking trails are as accessible to as wide a range of visitors as possible.
- Develop GIS mapping of all existing trail infrastructure to be removed and the location of all new trail infrastructure to be installed. This will be supplemented by a database identifying the exact infrastructure required at each location taking into account the new brand guidelines for the park. Trail infrastructure includes e.g waymarkers, signs, trailhead panels, seating, safety signage etc.
- Prepare estimated design costs for any new built sections /upgrading.