Client: Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht & Failte Ireland
To work in partnership with a multi-disciplinary team lead by Consarc Design Group to prepare a Visitor Experience Development and Management Plan.
- Identify existing and potential visitor capacity issues and provide detailed recommendations to address these;
- Based on the Tourism Interpretative Master Plan for Ireland’s National Parks and the interpretative themes outlined in that for Irelands’ National Parks and for Glenveagh National Park, identify new and enhanced visitor experiences. These experiences are to be primarily outdoor recreation, are to be in line with the conservation objectives of the park, are to enrich visitors’ experience of Glenveagh National Park and add to the attractiveness of the park.
- Prepare a Visitor Experience Development and Management Plan which identifies the priorities, actions, indicative costings and timelines for implementation, which will balance the core conservation and heritage values of the National Park with tourism demand.
- Prepare design drawings, indicative costs and maps for the various phases of the Visitor Experience Development and Management Plan. This plan should consider access capacity, interpretation, visitor facilities, visitor experience and information which is in line with the Tourism Interpretation Master Plan for Ireland’s National Parks. The successful tenderer will be expected to:
- Prepare all concept designs and appropriate environmental assessment documentation
- Prepare a cost benefit analysis of final proposals
- Prepare an economic impact analysis on final proposals
- Solutions proposed should identify projected and optimum number of visitors to Glenveagh National Park including market projections for increased visitor demand and usage
- Visitor demand and likely origins of the demand should be identified
- Prepare a number (minimum 2) of scheme design options for the development of the visitor experience at Glenveagh National Park
- To undertake visitor analysis to ensure that proposed solutions are appropriate for the volume, needs and motivations of the best prospects customers
- To deliver a Recreational Trail Master Plan which will identify the feasibility of and recommendations options for the enhancement of existing trails and the development of new trails to form a network potentially including shared-use, walking, all ability and cycling trails
- Undertake detailed investigation to assess the feasibility of providing compelling visitor experiences via water-based recreation on Lough Beagh.
- Consarc Design Group – Project Lead
- McGrath – Planning and Legislation Consultant
- Cogent Management Consulting – Economic Appraisal
- Tandem Design – Interpretation Consultant
- Kevin McShane Limited – Traffic Impact Consultant
- Dr Janice Fuller – Ecologist