Client: Belfast City Council
Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon is one of Belfast City Council’s flagship outdoor recreation attractions used by a wide range of visitors.
The challenge was to provide on accurate visitor information for walkers through trail head information and waymarking. The aim is to allow walkers make the informed choice of which trail is suitable for them and then to confidently follow the trail without the use of a map.
- Identify a range of walking routes within the current network of trails taking into account visitor flow and other activities within the site
- Identify locations for trail head interpretation panel and waymarkers
- Develop an engaging brand for walking trail information and waymarking which is sympathetic to the environment and other signage within the park
- Produce trail head panels including content, route descriptions and trail grade classification
- Include information of final product within WalkNI.com