Client: Mid Ulster District Council
All throughout Seamus Heaney’s poetry, many parts of Mid Ulster are mentioned and directly connect his inspiration to the landscape.
Our challenge is to develop a series of Seamus Heaney themed literary trails which will start from the soon to be launched Seamus Heaney HomePlace in Bellaghy. The trails will provide a journey through Seamus Heaney HomeGround – the landscapes and places from which Heaney drew his inspiration.
Our role is to:
- Carry out a comprehensive practical and environmental assessment and feasibility and options appraisal in relation to each preselected geographical trail location
- Conduct site specific investigations, terrain analysis and impact assessments associated to trail design and development in urban and environmentally sensitive landscapes (Areas of Special Scientific Interest and Special Protection Areas)
- Facilitate stakeholder /landowner negotiations and all necessary public /council consultations and presentations in conjunction with Mid Ulster District Council
- Obtain necessary statutory approvals within the scope of the project including visitor information and destination directional road signage
- Create conceptual themed interpretation options and micro trail design for both urban and off road locations
- Robinson & Sons Ltd
- Kathryn Callaghan Fine Art