Client: Mid Ulster District Council
To prepare a Feasibility/Business Plan for the proposed continued development of Railway Park and Ballysaggart Lough linking them as passive leisure/recreational resources, taking advantage of the proximity of the current facilities.
We undertook the delivery of the following components:
- Strategic Context – undertake an examination of how Railway Park and Ballysaggart Lough development proposal contributions to local and national policies.
- Assessment of Need – including:
- Assessment of the quality of existing visitor experiences and services
- Collaboration of findings of public consultation previously undertaken by Council – this included public meetings, one-to-one consultation and questionnaire
- One-to-one consultation with Key Council and Community Stakeholder to ensure current development proposals are meeting the need.
- Benchmarking of similar projects to identify potential for success.
- Investigation into the extension of the current Railway Park proposal to provide a greenway link to Ballysaggart Lough – this should include:
- Concept Trail Design
- Identification of innovative options to enhance the visitor experience
- Identification of risks and constraints to delivery of the recommended outputs from the feasibility stage
- Identification of indicative capital costs for development and/or upgrading of infrastructure / visitor services
- Identification of ongoing revenue costs associated to management structures, staffing and maintenance
- Identification of potential funding opportunities and lead on the workup of a DRAFT APPLICATION to submission stage.
R.Robinson & Sons