Client: Montalto Estate
To prepare a masterplan for Montalto Estate which formulated recommendations for the future recreation development of the Estate with a view to achieving the owner’s long term aim of becoming a leading tourist attraction.
Plans were already under way for a new courtyard development in the Estate, including a visitor centre, gift shop, tearoom and accommodation.
Taking account of these plans and the vision to create a top visitor attraction, our role involved:
- Holistically reviewing the current recreation potential of the Estate
- Carrying out consultation with relevant stakeholders including Tourism NI and heritage specialists
- Identifying ways that the site could offer a stand out recreation-related experience that made the most of the Estate’s unique assets
- Drawing upon comparable examples of best practice
- Providing indicative costs
- Making recommendations for development
- Producing a spatial masterplan and report
In addition, we also developed a positioning, marketing strategy and brand for the new visitor attraction at Montalto Estate.
Montalto Estate opened their new visitor attraction including trails and play provision in September 2018.