Client: Mid Ulster District Council
To develop a comprehensive Parks and Play Strategic Plan. The Plan is a medium range planning document that provides direction for managing and developing parks and play facilities, programs, infrastructure, resources, and investment over the next three year period to 2020. The Strategic Plan process assesses the status of parks and play within the Council area and plans for a future that reflects the Corporate Priorities of the Council and needs of our community.
There were two stages to the development of the Strategic Plan
Stage One: Research and consultation
- Desktop review of existing strategies applicable to the region
- Inclusive consultation with residents, agencies/stakeholders, staff and Councillors to ensure incorporation of ideas and feedback into the Strategic Plan
- Public survey – representative of Mid Ulster District Council population
- Questionnaires – for distribution to stakeholder groups, user groups/special interest groups and staff
- Parks and Play Background Information – Review, summarize, and provide key findings of the background areas of parks and play
Stage Two: Parks and Play analysis and recommendations and development of an Implementation Plan
- Analyse and propose recommendations regarding parks and play provision
- Develop an Implementation Plan with the inclusion of a summary of prioritised recommendations.