Client: Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon District Council
To undertake a scoping study which:
- Assessed the current outdoor recreation provision, activity tourism potential and business opportunities
- Developed recommendations for future recreation and business development
We led on the scoping study which included:
- An independent assessment of the current visitor offering in Gosford Forest Park
- Consultation with key stakeholders, including Forest Service NI, users, lease holders, event organisers and local community to capture suggestions for development
- Coordination of a public consultation event
- Identification of the strategic importance of the Forest Park to the Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon district
- Identification of the key issues and barriers to development in the Forest Park
- Preparation of recommendations for development based on best and strategic fit with what is happening in wider area
- Preparation of a phased development plan aligned to potential funding sources.
The project recommendations received full support from the relevant Council committees and proceeded full masterplan and Economic Appraisal.