Client: Peninsula Healthy Living Partnership
To identify and carry out concept design of priority Community Walking Trails on the Ards Peninsula.
This project followed on from a previous Community Trail Network Feasibility Study which highlighted the short and medium term opportunities for community trails with associated outdoor recreation facilities. This initial study identified that there was potential to develop up to 25 community trails in 9 villages.
A review of the initial study identified 9 priority projects on the Ards Peninsula located in: Ballyhalbert, Ballywalter, Carrowdore, Cloughey, Greyabbey, Kirkubbin, Millisle, Portaferry and Portavogie
- Reviewed Community Trail Network Feasibility Study
- Conducted further consultation with stakeholders including community representatives and landowners
- Assessed the need and public benefit of each community trail project
- Identified priority community trail projects ready for capital development
- Carried out concept trail design for priority trail projects
- Produced estimate development costs
- Identified eligible funding sources
- Prepared comprehensive report
Ards & North Down Borough Council
Peninsula Healthy Living Partnership