Client: Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
To develop a Community Trail Plan for the seven District Electoral Areas that comprise the Newry, Mourne and Down Council area. These are Slieve Croob, The Mournes, Downpatrick, Rowallane, Crotlieve, Newry, and Slieve Gullion.
- Undertake a strategic review of all existing community trails and identify gaps in the current provision as well as any issues, barriers and constraints to the existing community trail network
- Identify through community consultation potential new community trails that will link communities to green spaces and each other
- Assess the need and public benefit of each community trail project identified
- Identify priority community trail projects for capital development in consultation with local communities
- Source funding and lead the development of priority community trails