Client: Woodland Trust Northern Ireland
To prepare a masterplan that will provide recommendations to help improve the outdoor recreation experience at Carnmoney Hill, Newtownabbey, for the local community and visitors.
Outdoor Recreation NI has been commissioned to prepare a masterplan that will identify recommendations to improve the recreation experience within the site. The masterplan aims to:
- Build up an understanding of the current position of the Carnmoney Hill site and surrounding area
- Determine the type and need for intervention at the site – thorugh desk study, fieldwork and stakeholder consultation
- Develop concept level recommendations to improve the outdoor recreation experience within the site (including spatial mapping)
- Identify management requirements for day to day management of the site
- Compile capital and ongoing revenue costs