Client: Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
To continue to enhance Bunkers Hill as a resource for the local community in Castlewellan.
In November 2014, we hosted a community consultation event to discuss the new trails and play trail and capture suggestions for future improvement.
Since then several community events have taken place at Bunkers Hill including wildflower planting (June 2015) and a Festival of Flight community barbeque (August 2015).
The following upgrade works were provided at Bunkers Hill:
• Development of a small car parking area for disabled users at the top of the laneway
• Re-surfacing of the laneway
• Installation of new gates including coded lock for disabled users to access the car park
• Installation of two new wooden shelters along the multi-use trail
• Installation of dog bins along the multi-use trail
We appointed the CPM Team (R Robinson & Sons) and Contractors (R Fee Contracts) who completed the works in 2016.
Find more information on Bunkers Hill at OutmoreNI.com
Castlewellan Community Association