Client: Failte Ireland
To undertake a technical trail audit, Trail Design, wayfinding and orientation strategies, interpretation framework and provision of environmental services for the Beara Breifne Way.
The Beara Breifne Way is a 700km long distance walking trail stretching from Dursey Sound in Co. Cork to Blacklion in Co. Cavan. The Beara Breifne Way is a unique grass-roots community-led initiative and is the largest community-based project undertaken in Ireland.
ORNI is leading a multi-disciplinary team to:
- To conduct a technical Trail Audit to include detailed trail design and build specifications;
- To develop an Interpretation Framework and Branding Strategy to bring the trail and its rich history and heritage to life
- To develop Wayfinding and Orientation Strategies for the trail
- To carry out Built Heritage Studies
- To provide Environmental Services that help realise the above
ORNI will be supported by the following team members:
- The Paul Hogarth Company
- Tandem Design
- Doran Consulting
- Braniff Associates
- Consarc Design Group
- Woodrow Sustainable Solutions