To work in partnership with the Ulster Federation of Rambling Clubs (UFRC) to support and enable accessible and sustainable participation opportunities through walking clubs.
To encourage increased participation in walking by the following key target groups who are generally underrepresented within society:
- Young people (aged between 14 & 25)
- People from low income areas
Our Walking In Your Community Participation Team, achieved this by working closely with the UFRC Committee and its members to provide:
- Subsidised and bespoke training courses
- Small grants to clubs towards the purchase of equipment
- Quarterly monitoring of membership numbers and demographics.
- Recruitment and training of walk leaders and volunteers
- Initiatives to increase attractiveness and accessibility to walking clubs
- Establishment of a digital communication solution for UFRC and Clubs
Check out the Highlight Reel which showcases the fantastic achievements of the Active Clubs project.
Ulster Federation of Rambling Clubs
Active Clubs was an investment programme developed and administered by Sport Northern Ireland, with funding from the National Lottery. Following a successful joint application with the Ulster Federation of Rambling Clubs the two organisations were granted funding of £200,000 for a 4 year period between 2015 – 2019.