Outdoor Recreation & Your Community Seminar14th March 2018
Outdoor Recreation & Your Community is a networking day and seminar to explore connections between outdoor recreation, community planning and the SportNI Everybody Active interventions. The event will take place at An Creagán Centre, Co Tyrone on Tuesday 27th March 2018.
The day will explore how community planning and outdoor recreation can tie together from a Council’s perspective. Outdoor Recreation NI’s Community Trail project for Newry, Mourne and Down District Council will also be explored as an example of how communities can be better linked to green space on their doorsteps.
A talk will be given on how the Benefits of Outdoor Sports to Society has explored how we value what we do in the outdoors and the Walk @ parkrun project will be examined in detail. Delegates will then have the opportunity to explore the OutmoreNI.com project.
The programme for the day is as follows:
- 09:30 | Arrival and Tea or Coffee
- 10:00 | Introduction from Sport NI and Outdoor Recreation NI
- 10:10 | Community Planning and Outdoor Recreation – a Council’s perspective: Wanda Rea & Martin Towe – Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council
- 10:30 | Community Trail Planning in Newry, Mourne and Down: Clare Jones – Outdoor Recreation NI
- 10:50 | Community Trails – EBA 2020 case studies from across NI: William Devlin – Sport NI
- 11:10 | Tea break
- 11:30 | Valuing what we do in the outdoors – the Benefits of Outdoor Sports to Society (BOSS) project: Mike McClure – Sport NI
- 11:50 | ‘Walk @ parkrun’ #ParkWalk: Claire Saunders – Outdoor Recreation NI
- 12:10 | OutmoreNI.com: Aideen Exley – Outdoor Recreation NI
- 12:30 | Lunch
After lunch there will be an opportunity to have a go at various activities from Nordic walking, trail running, mountain biking, orienteering, and biathlon.
This event is open to all. To book a place simply fill in this form: Outdoor Recreation & Your Community- Invite
Please return completed forms to:
Duane Fitzsimons, Outdoor Recreation NI, The Stableyard, Barnett Demesne, Belfast, BT9 5PB
Or email it directly to email@example.com