Binevenagh Outdoor Recreation Training6th October 2021
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN OUTDOOR RECREATION QUALIFICATION?
A Qualification in Outdoor Recreation can kick start a career, improve the experiences your business offers and help increase the provision of outdoor activities in the community and education sectors. That’s why over the next five years the Binevenagh Landscape Partnership will be offering the opportunity to apply for a range of outdoor recreation qualifications and help cover the costs.
What Qualifications will we be offering?
• Hill & Moorland Leader Award including Mountain Skills 1&2
• Mountain Leader Award including Mountain Skills 1&2
• Introduction to Paddlesports and Paddlesports Leader Award
• Rescue Emergency Care Level 2 (for all participants unless already obtained)
What is involved?
All participants will be required to commit time, effort, and funds to complete their award. Depending on which qualification you undertake you will need to attend training, assessments, and undertake independent work as part of the course. The majority of the training will take place in the Binevenagh area however some courses may require travel to other areas (e.g., Donegal or the Mournes for Mountain Leader Award). To find out more detail about all the courses check out the websites below and attend one of our information sessions to get your questions answered.
How much will it cost?
Participants will be expected to pay 25% of the course costs and any registration and membership fees required by governing bodies. Travel and subsistence costs must be covered by participants.
Approximate participants costs (below including current governing body fees):
• Hill & Moorland Leader Inc Mountain skills 1 & 2 £300 (non-subsided cost c.£720-£1,200)
• Mountain Leader Inc Mountain Skills 1 & 2 £360 (non-subsided cost c.£840-£1,400)
• Paddlesports Leader Inc Intro to Paddlesports £280 (non-subsided cost c.£540- £900)
• Rescue Emergency Care 2 is included in these approximate costs as all participants are required to complete REC2 as part of their assessment (unless already obtained)
All costs applicable as of 2021/22, registration and membership fees subject to change by governing bodies.
The project also asks that when participants have qualified, they commit to using their new skills within the Binevenagh area through volunteering (a minimum of 15 hours) in local events or organisations of their choice.
Who Can Apply?
Applicants for Mountain, Hill & Moorland leader must be 18 years of age (or older). Applicants for Lowland Leader must be 17 years of age (or older). Paddlesports Leaders must be 16 years of age (or older).
Although anyone can apply this project aims to improve the Outdoor Recreation skill set in the Binevenagh Area and preference will be given to applicants who live, work, or attend education within or nearby the area.
Applications For Mountain Leader, Hill & Mooreland Leader and Paddlesports Leader are open now!!
The closing date for applications is the 31st October 2021 at 5.00pm