Scoping studies are an effective way to provide a snapshot of a site’s potential by:
- detailing all existing services, facilities, signage and outdoor activities relevant to the project. This is portrayed using GIS mapping
- detailing the current management of all existing services/activities
- detailing (using GIS) all environmental designations (both natural and built)
- completing a SWOT analysis at a macro level and where possible a SWOT analysis for each of the individual components of the project
- carrying out consultation with key stakeholders
- identifying the key issues and barriers to future development
- prioritising those projects that should be progressed
Our experienced team combines their product development and marketing expertise to produce holistic scoping studies for individual sites such as forest parks right through to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Feasibility studies involve a more in-depth analysis including wider consultation, benchmarking and costed proposals. These are often executed in partnership with an economist in preparation for an external funding application.
Between 2012-2015 we delivered 25 studies for clients throughout Northern Ireland.
Do you have a project in mind? Get in touch with the Outdoor Recreation NI team today to discuss our feasibility and scoping study solutions