To audit the existing walking opportunities and assess the feasibility of developing a community path network on the Ards Peninsula.
We were commissioned by Peninsula Healthy Living Partnership to
- Assess the feasibility of developing community trails in 9 villages in the Ards Peninsula
- Identify potential sources of funding
- Carry out extensive consultation with landowners and member of the local community
- Outline constraints and opportunities
- Identify short and medium term options
We produced a detailed Feasibility study highlighting short and medium term opportunities for community trails with associated outdoor recreation facilities. The study included advice on managing issues, environmental designations and potential funding sources.
This project was the first to use the Community Path Network Toolkit.